Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Giving Some "Ink" to Flowers

flowers. i love 'em. i'm not what you would call a 'plant nut,' though. i'm a generalist - i know what looks good, i know what does well where, and if i don't know all the varieties of salvia or remember the optimum night-time temps for dendrobiums, that's just fine. i know the right questions to ask and where to go for the info. really, that's half the battle right there.

like it says over in my profile, i'll be posting bits of info that i think are interesting for the whole gardening community - from the folks who are developing the plants, growing the plants, and selling the plants, to the folks who are buying and using the plants. it's my attempt to connect the ends of the daisy chain. i'm giving some "ink" to flowers - the entire realm of horticulture, if i can be so bold - so that "gardening" will continue to be a relevant, important, fun, educational (keep adding your own positive adjectives here) activity in our lives.

with that said, i invite you to keep reading future posts. and please, if you have anything to share, let me know.

i'll warn you right now, i may throw in the ocassional post about my beloved red sox, discuss some outdoor grilling adventures, and other mismatched topics, but i'll try to keep that to a minimum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool first post. I look forward to reading more!

And I'm with ya. I just know what I like, what looks good to me and what's fun to grow. :)

Anonymous said...

cool blog! it promises to be a fun way to share ideas with the entire green industry and home gardeners. as for the sox... go tribe!

~B

Anonymous said...

yippee!! a garden column worth reading!

Anonymous said...

yippee, finally a garden column worth reading.